Official E-Mail ID Project
The Alumni Association has taken the initiative to enhance the communication and collaboration between the Student, Faculty, Management and Alumni through digitization and technology. As a first step towards digitally connected campus, each stakeholder of UCE,OU is being provided with an official email ID (@uceou.edu) that binds them to college with an official identity in addition to giving them a wide range of benefits irrespective of their presence on campus or anywhere globally.
The alumni team lead by Praveen Dorna (BE 2007 Mech), Niharika Nagari (BE 2013 Mech), Pranav Bang (BE 2016 CSE) and Meghana Voladri (BE 2016 CSE) are handling the rollout of the email IDs and integration with the college processes working both with student volunteers and college management.
Prior to this, the alumni team led by Anil Kuppa (BE 2008 CSE), Loknath Priyatham Teja Singamsetty (BE 2009 CSE), Gautam Muduganti (BE 2010 CSE) and Akash Kolariya (BE 2016 CSE) have worked on the technology aspects in integrating Google Apps with college technology infrastructure to enable this project.
A brief summary of benefits include:
- Every Student, Faculty and Alumni will get an official email ID (@uceou.edu) completely free of cost with unlimited storage (upto 5TB/user) and lifetime validity.
- Cloud based administration with highest quality of data security and storage completely managed by Google and a highly responsive customer support team to handle any issues that directly bring in cost savings on all these fronts.
- Google Classroom acts as a central collaboration tool for the faculty and students to work together for each class. Faculty will have the option to create classes, distribute assignments, send feedback, and see everything in one place. Instant. Paperless. Easy.
- Student, College and Alumni will be better connected with digital collaboration.
- The complete google suite for collaboration is provided free of cost
Phase I (March 2016 - May 2016): Technical Integration of Google Apps - COMPLETED
Phase II (June 2016 - August 2016): EMail ID Rollout to Students, College Faculty and Management. - IN PROGRESS
Phase III (September 2016 - November 2016): Rollout to Alumni, Process Development and Integration working closely with college students, deparments and management for sustainability.
To know more or to volunteer or if you have any questions/suggestions, please reach out the Praveen Dorna, Chairman, Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org